Have you used Lexicomp yet? Lexicomp is a collection of clinical databases and clinical decision support tools that provides users with an extensive medical library. You can find it on our intranet ‘Library Search’ homepage under ‘Search a Topic (Databases)’.
Here’s a few highlights of what you can find on the Clinical Decision Tool Bar (pictured below). Click on the links to learn more.
- Interactions – a drug and herbal analysis tool that is designed to identify potential drug-drug interactions, drug-allergy interactions, and duplicate therapy interactions
- Drug I.D. – Lexi-Drug I.D. is an application that allows identification of tablets, capsules, aerosols, lotions, creams, and a variety of other oral and topical dosage forms
- Calculators – Lexi-CALC is an extensive medical calculations application covering infusions, adult and pedatric organ function assessment, and other conversion calculations. It also includes calculators from MedCalc 3000
- Drug Comparisons – generate comparative data tables containing two (2) to four (4) drugs and create customized tables containing information on adverse effects, indications, preganacy and more
- I.V. Compatibility – compatibility for at least 2 drugs or one solution is based on one of four ratings: compatible, incompatible, uncertain or variable, or no data. Additional information on the compatibility studies including a summary of the study methods and references for the compatibility information is provided when appropriate
- Patient Education – 6,800 leaflets in English and Spanish, with more that half of those translated into 19 languages
- Formulary Monograph Service – delivers detailed information about recently released and investigational drugs, including pharmacy and therapeutic reviews, editorial comments, drug utilization evaluations, and more
- Toxicology – combines information on agents of toxicity, antidotes and decontaminants, household products, provides access to Safety Data Sheets (SDS), toxicology-specific calculators and drug identification in one point-of-care application
- UpToDate – a link to UptoDate within Lexicomp Oline so users can search with one easy step
- The 5-Minute Clinical Consult—fast access to information on hundreds of medical conditions