Mendeley, like Endnote or Refworks, is a bibliographic management system. With Mendeley you can:
- Organize, read and annotate documents in one place
- Connect and collaborate with millions of researchers worldwide
- Store, share and cite your datasets with one secure online repository
- Search for science and technology jobs in institutions worldwide (1)
Mendeley is cloud-based, so you can access your research anywhere. It also has the very convenient “cite as you write” plugin for Microsoft Word.
Best of all, Mendeley is FREE! And right now, you can take advantage of a free upgrade!
The free upgrade gives you:
- Increase in personal library size, from 2 GB to 5 GB
- Increase in group storage, from 100 MB to 20 GB
- Increase in private group size, from 3 to 25 members
- Increase in number of private groups, from one to unlimited
The upgrade must be done on or before March 31st, 2017.
To upgrade, follow these steps:
To take advantage of this offer you must use your St. Michael’s e-mail address as the registered e-mail with Mendeley – you can easily update your sign-in email address by going to My Account and update profile information on Mendeley Web: https://www.mendeley.com/settings/account/
Once you have your SMH e-mail registered you can upgrade by clicking on the upgrade button at: https://www.mendeley.com/download-mendeley-desktop/welcome/?organisation=2661&promo=SMH-26
For any questions, contact us at hslibrary@smhca or 416-864-5059