The Health Sciences Library is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of a new policy and process for delivering systematic and scoping review search services, coming soon in 2018.
Due to high demand and the importance of systematic and scoping reviews to health and biomedical research, the Health Sciences Library has established a new policy to support research teams in planning and conducting systematic and scoping reviews. The implementation of our new policy will ensure the provision of search services is standardized and on par with colleagues at similar institutions supporting health sciences research.
The main objectives of this new policy are to:
- harmonize services offered to all research teams;
- ensure required project plans and protocols are in place before embarking on a new research study;
- educate and support research teams with resources and background information to select the most appropriate methodology and review type for their research;
- share successful factors associated with completion and publication of a systematic or scoping review;
- adhere to appropriate reporting guidelines and standards to enhance the quality and transparency of systematic and scoping reviews conducted at St. Michael’s Hospital;
- uphold reputation of St. Michael’s Hospital researchers and research activities by supporting the delivery of high quality publications.
Stay tuned for more information about the new policy and process for delivering systematic and scoping review search services. In the meantime please share any questions with us by contacting the Health Sciences Library at email@example.com.