The CABI (Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International) Global Health database is now available to you from the Health Sciences Library. With coverage from 1973 to present, Global Health provides an alternative, complementary point of reference with a broad analysis of foreign language journals, books, research reports, patents and standards, dissertations, conference proceedings, annual reports, public health, developing country information, and other difficult to obtain material.
The database is updated on a weekly basis and covers many areas of human health and disease including:
- communicable diseases (including HIV/AIDS)
- parasitic diseases and parasitology – medical entomology
- human nutrition (including food composition, food poisoning, effects of diet on health, nutritional disorders, and experimental aspects)
- community and public health (including chronic diseases, occupational health, health status indicators, the impact of agriculture on health, and cancer epidemiology)
- medicinal and poisonous plants (including pharmacology, tissue culture, animal studies, plant composition, allergens, and toxins)
- tropical diseases (including field and experimental studies)
Visit bit.ly/globalhealthdatabase to access Global Health today!
If you have any questions or comments about the CABI Global Health database, please contact the Health Sciences Library at email@example.com or 416-864-5059.